What if you could find your own way and take an entire community with you?
For more than 100 years, we’ve worked hard to earn the trust of our customers and our communities. And now, with locations in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, our community outreach efforts help provide access to health services as well as education to our customers on their path to wellness.
- In 2008, we worked with the nation’s largest network of food banks to provide $24 million worth of products.
- In 2009 and 2010, our AARP/Walgreens Wellness Tour provided more than $60 million worth of free health screenings. Walgreens also partners with the National Urban League on another wellness tour bringing health screenings to residents in underserved areas.
- Our electronic outdoor signs help signal severe weather alerts and missing children alerts as they happen.
- We provide relief for those hit by natural disasters such as tornadoes, floods and hurricanes by providing water, food and health services to those in need.
- Since 1993, Walgreens has provided more than $2.7 million to the Midtown Educational Foundation in Chicago. This outreach is aimed at Walgreens commitment to education.
In addition to our hands-on efforts, we also show our dedication to providing care by making donations to a wide variety of health care and educational organizations. In 2008, we raised nearly $5 million to help fight cancer, heart disease and diabetes thanks to in-store charity fundraisers.