For more than 100 years, we’ve worked hard to earn the trust of our customers and our communities. And now, with locations in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, our community outreach efforts help provide access to health services as well as education to our customers on their path to wellness.
- The Walgreens Way to Well Commitment(opens in new window)TM is focused on improving everyday health through the prevention and early detection of today's leading diseases, like heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Our goal is to donate $100 million in preventive resources over the next four years.
- The Walgreens Way to Well Health Tour with AARP(opens in new window) consists of buses that travel the country delivering free health testing, health education and consultation to adults 18 years and older. This initiative makes health tests more accessible to underserved communities that need it the most – those with the highest prevalence for leading diseases, and the uninsured and unemployed.
- In 2011, we partnered with Feeding America and local food pantries to provide over $18 million worth of products.
- Our electronic outdoor signs help signal severe weather alerts and missing children alerts as they happen.
- We provide relief for those hit by natural disasters such as tornadoes, floods and hurricanes by providing water, food and health services to those in need.
- Since 1993, Walgreens has provided more than $2.7 million to the Midtown Educational Foundation in Chicago.
In addition to our hands-on efforts, we also show our dedication to providing care by making donations to a wide variety of health care and educational organizations.