At Walgreens, we know that success and being a good corporate citizen go hand-in-hand. It’s a balance that we strive for in everything we do. With that in mind, we have established several priority areas that we believe best align our citizenship activities and resources with our business operations.
- Thousands of student team members attend pharmacy school with the help of our educational assistance program.
- Every year, Walgreens contributes over $728,000 in pharmacy scholarships at the corporate level.
- Walgreens partners with schools and colleges of pharmacy to provide experiential education rotations to current pharmacy students as well as community colleges (pharmacy technicians), and community organizations (retail/front-end).
Diversity and Inclusion
Walgreens Diversity & Inclusion Excellence Award and the Walgreens Diversity Scholarship
- Walgreens makes annual donations of $10,000 to pharmacy colleges in support of their diversity initiatives, including student scholarships, campus diversity programs, faculty training, diversity programs in diversity, and more.
- The goal is to increase the enrollment of students in underrepresented communities in schools and colleges of pharmacy.
- Our Retail Employees with Disabilities Initiative (REDI) provides retail educational training for people with disabilities.
- Our distribution center in Anderson, SC is the first facility of its kind in the country to employ a workforce where more than 40 percent of our team members have a physical or cognitive disability.
Charity of Choice
- Through this program, Walgreens employees are able to choose from a list of charities and contribute through automatic payroll deductions at an amount designated by the employee.
- Walgreens employees participate in many charitable events and support organizations such as Relay for Life, Diabetes Awareness, American Heart Association, and many more.
Walgreens Benefit Fund
- The Walgreens Benefit Fund assists employees who have experienced hardships caused by long illness, accidents, natural disasters and other situations.
- In 2012, the Walgreens Benefit Fund provided nearly $1.3 million in financial assistance to more than 900 individuals who had exhausted their own financial resources.