What if you could build your career and goodwill at the same time?
Here at Walgreens, we know that success and being a good corporate citizen go hand-in-hand. It’s a balance that we strive for in everything we do.
Here are just a few of our achievements:
- Our distribution center in Anderson, SC is the first distribution center facility of its kind in the country to employ a workforce where more than 40 percent of our team members have a physical or cognitive disability.
- Thousands of student-team members attend pharmacy school with the help of our educational assistance programs.
- We’ve been able to shrink our direct emissions through the use of ultra-low sulfur, soy-blended fuels and flexible-fuel company cars.
- By installing solar panels and high-efficiency lights in stores and by working with power companies, we’ve reduced our electricity and air conditioning consumption during peak-use periods, which further shrinks our carbon footprint.
- We designed stores that are using nationally accepted standards developed by the U.S. Green Building Council for high-performance sustainable buildings.
- By offering printer cartridge refill service, reducing product packaging, and recycling cardboard and shrink-wrap, we have discovered many ways to keep waste out of landfills.
This is a philosophy that guides our daily decisions.
The Four Way Test of the things we think, say or do:
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendship?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?