- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage: Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans are available to employees for themselves and their dependents. Employees may choose to enroll in one of two Walgreens Consumer Driven Health Plans, which include an account called a Health Reimbursement Account to help pay for our employees’ healthcare needs. Employees can also choose between two dental programs with the Select option including Adult and Child orthodontia. A competitive and national vision program is also available. 2014 benefits will consist of a wide variety of medical, dental and vision options open to employees at the beginning of the new year.
- Prescription Coverage: The Walgreens Prescription Drug Plan is designed to help make the cost of prescription medications more affordable for our Walgreens employees and their families. Employees must be enrolled in a Walgreens medical plan to receive this benefit. Covered prescriptions are available to employees and their dependents for a minimal co-pay or coinsurance.
- Well Informed Wellness Program: Our Well Informed program is designed to reward employees and their spouse/domestic partner who engage in managing their own health. The program includes incentives for participation directly deposited into the Health Reimbursement Account to help offset the deductible in the medical plan and three (3) periods throughout the year where up to $150 per employee and spouse/domestic partner can be earned in Walgreens Wellness card dollars (2014 credits for healthy activities will be presented in three (3) periods to employees via our Balance® Rewards card in similar dollar equivalent amounts). The program also includes a Zero Co-Pay prescription offering, a tobacco cessation program, and free health coaching.
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): The Walgreens Flexible Spending Account allows our employees to pay for certain out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses with before-tax dollars. For many people, this can mean more than a 20% tax savings! Employees can save hundreds of dollars a year by using the Flexible Spending Account effectively, depending on eligible expenses.
- LGBT focused benefits: Health coverage for same-sex domestic partners is available and includes an offset to adjust for the taxation of the benefit. Other LGBT focused benefits include transgender care and re-assignment surgery. Our health plans and payroll will be adjusted in 2014 to recognize the recent IRS changes related to the DOMA decision by the Supreme Court. Our plans will recognize marriage licenses from states with open marriage laws regardless of where the employee lives.
- Company Paid Life Insurance: You are eligible for Company-Paid Life Insurance coverage if you are enrolled in a Walgreens health plan. Benefit levels are based on length of service
- Voluntary Accident Insurance: You may purchase Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance for coverage in the event of a covered accidental death or dismemberment.
- Voluntary Life insurance: Group Term Life and Group Universal Life plans are available.
- Paid Disability Leave: If you are unable to work due to a pregnancy or an illness/injury lasting more than seven calendar days, you may be eligible for short-term disability benefits at full or half pay, depending on your length of service.
- Military Leave: Walgreens family of companies extends special benefits to employees in the military reserves who are called to active duty.
- Personal Leave: May be provided at the discretion of the manager.
- Profit-Sharing: Preparing for a financially secure retirement is something we all need to do, regardless of our age. The Walgreens Profit-Sharing Retirement Plan helps employees reach their retirement savings goals.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program: The Walgreens Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) makes it easy and affordable for our employees to own shares of Walgreens. When employees enroll in the ESPP, they receive two types of benefits: the opportunity to purchase shares of Walgreens common stock at a 10% discount off the market price and without any broker’s fees.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): In 2014, team members are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO). The rate at which you accrue your PTO is based on your years of service, average hours per week, and position.
- Sick Time: For 2013, when you average 30 or more hours per week, you are eligible for six paid sick days after six months of service. Sick time will be part of your PTO plan in 2014.
- Holidays: The Company recognizes six paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Work & Life Resources: The Work & Life Resources program is an integrated employee assistance and work/life program available to all team members and eligible family members. The goal of this free program is to provide a one-stop resource to help you and your family to manage the demands of your everyday work and personal life.
- Employee Purchase Program: Some of our vendors have set up programs that allow Walgreens employees to purchase products at special pricing.
- Employee Discount: Walgreens employees and their immediate families are entitled to a 15% discount on most purchases at any Walgreens store and 20% on Walgreens and W brand products.
- Job Opportunity Board/Career Connections: The JOB and Career Connection systems allow internal employees to apply for district and corporate level positions. Walgreens employees must be employed for 6 months in their current position before applying for a new position.
Learn more about our benefits for: