- Well Informed Wellness Program: Our Well Informed program is designed to engage employees in managing their own health. The program includes a quarterly prize raffle for part-time employees who participate in in a health test and online health survey and continue to participate in the healthy actions portion throughout the year.
- Flex pay: The Walgreens Flexible Spending Account allows our employees to pay for certain out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses with before-tax dollars. For many people, this can mean more than a 20% tax savings! Employees can save hundreds of dollars a year by using the Flexible Spending Account effectively, depending on eligible expenses.
- Military Leave: Walgreens family of companies extends special benefits to employees in the military reserves who are called to active duty.
- Personal Leave: May be provided at the discretion of the manager.
- Profit sharing: Preparing for a financially secure retirement is something we all need to do, regardless of our age. The Walgreens Profit-Sharing Retirement Plan helps employees reach their retirement savings goals.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program: The Walgreens Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) makes it easy and affordable for our employees to own shares of Walgreens. When employees enroll in the ESPP, they receive two types of benefits: the opportunity to purchase shares of Walgreens common stock at a 10% discount off the market price and without any broker’s fees.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): In 2014, team members are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO). The rate at which you accrue your PTO is based on your years of service, average hours per week, and position.
- Work & Life Resources: The Work & Life Resources program is an integrated employee assistance and work/life program available to all team members and eligible family members. The goal of this free program is to provide a one-stop resource to help you and your family to manage the demands of your everyday work and personal life.
- Employee Purchase Program: Some of our vendors have set up programs that allow Walgreens employees to purchase products at special pricing.
- Employee discount: Walgreens employees and their immediate families are entitled to a 15% discount on most purchases at any Walgreens store and 20% on Walgreens and W brand products.
- Job Opportunity Board/Career Connections: The JOB and Career Connection systems allow internal employees to apply for district and corporate level positions. Walgreens employees must be employed for 6 months in their current position before applying for a new position.