As a company that encourages not only vertical movement, but lateral as well, we have robust training programs in place to give our team members every opportunity to explore their interests and reach their goals. Walgreens seeks out the best person for every job, and often we find that person within our organization. Simply put, we’re investing in better tools and programs to help team members grow their talents, perform to their potential, and succeed in reaching their career goals.
Many people have built successful careers from the ground up at Walgreens, and many more have discovered new talents and passions by moving among different departments within the company. Now more than ever, you’ll have the sophisticated tools and support to grow your career. From informal enrichment and mentorships to formal certification and training, you can find the support you need to maximize your potential, knowing that Walgreens wants you to grow, perform and succeed.
The following training programs are available for our team members who qualify:
- New Team Member Orientation: We’ll cover the basics, like policies, procedures and benefits. Plus, we’ll provide you with a valuable understanding of our history, culture, mission and future, as well as introduce you to all aspects of our business. It’s an ongoing orientation that takes you through your first year at Walgreens.
- ASHP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Training Program: This high-quality training program is accredited by the American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP) and is designed to prepare you to succeed in one of the most state-of-the-art pharmacy environments in the industry.
- PTCB Certification: We fully support this national certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board for all of our pharmacy technicians – by providing review classes, study materials, and even sponsoring the cost of your exam.
- Walgreens University We have a wide range of course offerings in place with robust and engaging subject areas. It’s a great way to help you further develop your skills and capabilities – whether you’re interested in moving up within Walgreens or even horizontally into a new expertise. Learning is available when and where you need it, whether you’re participating with your fellow team members, at home, at your desk or in our new, state-of-the-art Walgreens University building near our corporate headquarters.
- Walgreens Continuing Education for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians: Our online courses are an ideal way to earn free continuing education credit hours that are recognized by the ACPE – the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
- Corporate Store Visit Program: This ongoing training gives you the opportunity to engage with retail team members with store visits. These will help you define your role and responsibilities as it affects the daily functions of our Store Operations.